Flotation therapy provides a remarkable way to calm the mind, relax the body and amplify the spirit.
The experience involves lying on your back in an enclosed float cabin, which is filled with ten inches of water heated to the same temperature as your skin and saturated with eight hundred pounds of pharmaceutical grade Epsom salt. The amount of Epsom salt used provides buoyancy of the body that has been compared to the sensation of floating weightlessly in space.
The anti-gravity benefits alone permit decompression of the spine, elimination of pressure points on the body, and allows for blood to flow efficiently throughout your extremities.
Once comfortably relaxed in the water, tactile sensation of where the water begins and your body ends are integrated into one, leaving you feeling as though your body has disappeared and your mind has just begun.
Improve your general well-being
- Promotes total calm and peaceful relaxation
- Eliminates fatigue and jet lag
- Improves sleep
- Alleviates stress (mental and physical)
- Energises, rejuvenates and revitalises
- Increases motivation, diminishes depression, anxiety and fear
- Facilitates freedom from habits, phobias and addictions
Mental benefits of floatation
- Stimulates left/right brain synchronisation
- Shifts brain waves from beta to lower frequency alpha, theta and even delta
- Creates mental clarity, alertness
- Increases creativity, problem solving
- Heightens visualisation
- Deepens meditation
- Expands awareness, intensifies acuteness of all the senses, accelerates learning
- Enhances hypnotherapy and self-hypnosis
Physical benefits of floatation
- Decreases the production of cortisol, ACTH, lactic acid and adrenaline
- Increases production of endorphins
- Speeds up rehabilitation and recovery
- Relieves pain (arthritis, migraines, injuries and so on)
- Boosts immune function
- Improves circulation and distribution of oxygen and nutrients
- Reduces blood pressure, pulse, heart rate and oxygen consumption
- Improves athletic performance
- Helps prevent sports injuries, speeds healing process